About The Impreza UK300
In 2001 Richard Burns and his co-driver Robert Reid won their first, and only, World Rally Championship title driving a Prodrive prepared Subaru Impreza. In celebration of this achievement Subaru worked with Prodive and the designer of the WRC car, Peter Stevens, to create a special edition Impreza for the UK market, limited to 300 cars - the UK300.
Based on the WRX model, the UK300 was essentially a trim level upgrade with a list price of £24,995. For your money, you received the following extras over and above the standard WRX available at the time:
- Prodrive WRC Style headlights
- Prodrive front lip spoiler
- Prodrive rear high-level spoiler
- Prodrive/OZ Racing 18" gold alloys with Pirelli P-Zero tyres
- White side markers and indicators on the wings
- UK300 badges on the wings, boot and intercooler
- Blue Lux Suede interior (as found in the STI, but without STI logos)
- UK300 logos on the footwell mats and on the boot carpet
- Numbered interior plaque with UK300 logo (location seems to vary)
- WR blue paintwork
While the cars were Prodrive styled, they did not come with the Prodrive Performace Pack (referred to as the WR Sport Performance Pack in the brochure) as standard, instead this was offered as a £1600 optional extra.
A scanned copy of the orginal brochure can be found on www.subaru-impreza.org